Saturday, June 14, 2008

Friday the 13th...BOOOO!!



Yes, marriage is a life sentence..
Jack found a good place to sit and ponder the nights fun! Shocking!

Do you like ghost stories? Ones with thunder, lightning, rain, spooky castle looking haunted buildings? Well, so do I. I dragged poor Jack with me for a ghost hunt at the historical old Mansfield Reformatory. It's an amazing building that has been used for movies, the most famous being the Shawshank Redemption and also Airforce One. It was very interesting, very dirty, very spooky in some areas and very warm! (poor Jack, you all know how he loves hot weather). Mix in moldy, humid, damp, lots of peeling paint...well you get the picture. I actually did get some pics that I'll share. We went with a group of equally funny and weird people I work with and it was fun. We started at 8pm and left around midnight. It actually goes until 6am but I have too much to do on Saturday to be up all night and sleepless in Ashland! Some strange things that happened were the batteries (new ones) in my camera died. The camera started acting up as I was taking outside pics and then completely died near a prison cell that suppose to have alot of paranormal activity. The lights are all turned off and you need a flashlight for the hunting part. Of course those brand new batteries also failed! Thankfully my friend had an extra flashlight so I wasn't completely in the dark. (although many people would argue that point!) This is meant for Chris Howell. NO Quegie(sp?) boards, seances, (or sex) was aloud in the building. So don't worry, we didn't invite any weird spirits or anything! Except for the batteries nothing unusual happened. ..Unless you count our car making strange noises in the parking lot. We investigated and found out we had a huge screw lodged in the front tire (a brand new one of course) and we had a slow leak that was hissing. Hmmmm....paranormal???? No, just my bad luck! Ghost hunting is on my list of 1000 things to do before I die so I can cross that one off! Although after I die I might just come back and haunt something. I'll pick someplace cleaner, cooler and not so many stairs to climb! Gift shop included! Boooooo!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kay G. said...

Thanks for this Ghost Tour! Interesting to know that it is where The Shawshank Redemption was filmed.
And you must be the only one I know who can make me laugh at such an endeavour.
Perhaps something or SOMEONE was telling you to leave them in peace, good thing you got away from there! BOOOOOOOOO
("I ain't afraid of no ghosts!" I love that movie too! So funny!)
Thanks for telling me about this post!
KAY