Sunday, February 8, 2009

The big meltdown

The forecast said it would be warmer....at least 50 degrees on Sat. and we weren't disappointed...It was so warm that the tulips in my garden came up and bloomed so I could have a nice bouquet...Ok, I'm just kidding. Jack was sweet enough to get me these so I can pretend spring is just around the corner...Lilacs are my fav but tulips are sure a close 2nd! About 9am I took this pic of the snow on the deck before I would shovel it off...underneath the snow was at least 2in. of ice. I just hoped the warmer temps would melt it all off.
And it did! This was the deck at 5pm on Sat. Sunday was even better because alot, not all, of the snow in the yard had melted. Eddy found some of his toys that were buried under the snow.

Eddy loves to eat ice...don't ask me why, but he tried to help me clean off the deck. At least he had a good time. I really wanted to have a video of our annual "cheap good nite out" chili cookoff that the branch has each Feb. A video of the men in the branch singing "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree", with hand jesters and everything. Of course the camera batteries died just as they started to perform. Dang! It was funny. So Jack is spared, and his loyal fans will just have to wait until next year when maybe something even more embarrassing will happen there. So I threw in this little didi of Eddy on the deck. My life is so boring that a dog eating ice is the best I can do. I just love the weekends, don't you?



4 comments:

Donna said...

I LOVE tulips!!! Yours are beautiful!!!
You are reminding me of myself with the dogs...Eddy is a stitch,...bet he keeps you entertained! Mine are kinda dull...

Donna said...

I LOVE tulips!!! Yours are beautiful!!!
You are reminding me of myself with the dogs...Eddy is a stitch,...bet he keeps you entertained! Mine are kinda dull...

Amy and Craig said...

I love your tulips! I'd take them over roses almost any day!

Kent and Leisy said...

yaya! we did get the flowers! thank you!! I totally spaced letting you know and saying thank you :) Zeb LOVES the bear that they came with. He keeps trying to put ike's diapers on it :)