Monday, June 1, 2009

Projects

What would summer be without projects to keep us...hmmm...busy? frustrated? tired?...even small projects like this little paved number here take time, money and sweat. Just ask Jack..he spent most of Saturday digging and leveling and hauling heavy pavers for this little area in front of the deck that Eddy the wonder dog sort of...well lets just say he killed the grass there and created a muddy mess when it rains. It will be a great place to put the grill and we're going to dig up a nice planting area next to it between these steps and the ones on the other side...That sounds like another project! Yippee!! That area will be a great place to put the fountain that we got last year for the wedding reception. (last summer's project !) Add some flowers, etc...Oh ya baby, it will be awesome! Stay tuned for the finished product/project...


Since my life is so exciting I thought I would share a bit of my working day today. I was doing some Ortho cases...total knees, hips and such. I grabbed my camera when I had a tiny bit of time before my patient came in the room to show you a typical setup for a total hip..ZZZZZ..hey wake up people this is exciting!! See how organized? See how pretty the blue drapes are? See how many trays of instruments I have to lug over to my sterile table. I should have arms of steele! My pics are not too good and I should have taken a better angle to really make you feel sorry for me, but I was in a hurry...I wouldn't want to violate patient confidentiality would I? Needless to say after 3 of these cases I was ready to head home to the Pines to sit on the deck and breathe in fresh air...and look at the project that isn't finished yet and realize I have much digging and planting to do...hey, I'm ready to go back to work now!



3 comments:

Donna said...

Gee, I don't think your pics BEGIN to show all the total hip instruments...you should take pics of just all the cases to open...that's a lot too! You should show CARRYING those heavy trays and how we are all bent over lugging them in and out!
Hey, your patio looks like it is going to be great!!

Amy and Craig said...

we've been talking about doing one of those paver projects too. we did at the last house and loved it. maybe dad would want to do one at our house when he's down?? just kidding! Craig pulled a hammy last night at softball though, so dad maybe needed to fix him up. We've been icing and heating it. guess we're getting old(or atleast craig is...hee hee).

Christina said...

hahaha, You're funny! I remember when we first bought our house, and making a list of all the projects we had to do. Well, all those are done, but now we have a brand new list! It never ends, does it? I know your projects will all look super lovely when they are done! Good luck. :)