Monday, April 19, 2010

Just another manic Monday

Here it is...the wonder of waste management. The poo hole.
If you live in the country I bet you have one of these. We had one of these when I was kid growing up in the suburbs of Chicago. I loved it when the big truck would come and clean it out. Because today is Monday and I have no life, blogging about septic tank clean out seems appropriate. I missed the truck coming today because I was working...I missed the big hose, the excitement. I heard that one of the companies that does this sort of thing has a motto on it's truck that says: "We are number one at taking care of number two". I sure hope that was the truck that came here today!
I don't want to leave you with visions of dark, dank, stinky septic tank holes. Here's the crab apple tree in front of the house that always puts on a great show in the spring. I just wish blogger had scratch and sniff because this tree smells heavenly!
Not only is this a pic of my beautiful tree..you can also see where Jack ripped out the big square bushes in front of the dining room windows. Now I just have to think of something to replace them. Maybe holly bushes?

4 comments:

Beth said...

Better to get it cleaned out than replaced!! We had to do that a couple of years ago $$$$$ The tree is Beeuatiful!

Karen Whittal said...

We have a company in South Africa who collects sewerage. our farm still has french drains, and their motto on their trucks is
"We take your crap"...........

Donna said...

like I've said...WHERE do you THINK up these ideas????!!!!!

Christina said...

Yeah I grew up with a septic tank, too. To add to the excitement my parents just got a new one, so that's cool! haha Ooohh I wish blogs had a scratch and sniff option, too!