Saturday, August 25, 2012

Time? Not On My Side!

When Jack was this age...I was too. Only I was 6 months ahead. We didn't know each other yet. He celebrated many birthdays before meeting me and I celebrated many birthdays 6 months ahead of him. Today is another birthday for Jack. Happy Birthday Babe! My sweet #2 son sent his Dad a birthday card and gift. It was his usual perfectly funny card and at the end the final statement: "Well, aleast you're not as old as Mom!" (very funny Craig, It's a good thing I love you!) It made me think back to when we were deciding on a wedding date. This weekend was the first choice but Jack wasn't 21 yet and we decided to wait another week. I thought it was sooooo funny back then.
When we were this age: 21...I made fun of the fact that I was 6mo. older..I had to sign for things before we got married because I was 21..I laughed..you just said: "One day you will not be happy to be older"...I just laughed. I mean, seriously, weren't we going to be 21 forever? Us old? Heck no! Time marched on. I was 30..you were 29...I didn't laugh...I was 40...you were 39...I didn't laugh...I was 50..you were 49...I cried...now you are 59 and so am I. For now.
Well, time might not be on either of our sides..as you said this morning, "I'm not chasing 60...I'm dragging 59!"...so am I and I hope we have a ton more birthdays to enjoy, laugh, (make fun because I'll always be older!) and the most true statement of all time: "Paybacks are hell"...Oh to be 21 again!

21 comments:

Hilary said...

By the looks of the two of you, time is indeed very much on your side. You both look wonderful. Happy Birthday to your hubby.. and to you in 6 months. ;)

Rosaria Williams said...

You two are adorable!
Happy Birthday, Jack!
From where I sit, you are on the young side!

Julia said...

Happy Birthday Jack. You both look young and you still both have that sparkle in your eyes. You must be doing something very right.

You look like a happy couple together and made for each other. Wishing you both a L_O_N_G_ life together.

Hug, JB

Sweet Tea said...

You Cougar you! Too funny! You both look great, so the years have been kind!!

Nonnie said...

Oh, I hope you have many, many years to celebrate together. You are a lovely and happy looking couple.

acorn hollow said...

Happy birthday Jack you both look so great. I love the picture of the both of you around 21.
many many more years together.
Cathy
ps so when is your anniversary?

selvageedge said...

Happy Birthday, Jack!

Kim said...

Ok, that is too funny! I'm sure you have made a mistake in the math. After 50 he starts to catch up. Gee you must be 6 years younger than him now.

Stacy said...

Happy birthday friend! I'll always be 3 1/2 years younger than Kyle. Good thing for the 3 years...

Christina said...

You guys are so super cute and so super young!

karen said...

Well at least with you and Jack its only 6 months. I am FOUR YEARS older than my husband. Next year I'll be 60 and he'll only be 56. I hate that.
You and Jack are a great couple, and I wish you many many happy years (and beyond) together. And I wouldn't sweat that 6 months if I were you - you're still a sassy looking thing!

Bonnie said...

You guys are adorable!!! Happy Birthday to Jack. :) I like to give Mr. A crap because he is 10 years older than me. HA! For 18 days, when he is 40, I will be 29. That's just awesome.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Susan Anderson said...

What a cute couple you guys make. And I hope Jack has a terrific birthday!

=)

Judi said...

Happy birthday, Jack!!
Neither of you look like you are dragging anything but fun memories and a positive outlook. I can see why your marriage is till a success when many have burnt out like the candles on the cake.
No wonder Donna loves to be around you so much!

Judi said...

PS. In dog years, 6 months would be around 3 1/2 years... So, it COULD be worse:-)

Kay G. said...

Who carea about age when you look as good as you both do!
Happy Birthday to Jack!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

A very handsome couple..but then you already know that! :):)
I missed Jack's birthday...and it's my own fault for not visiting more often. :) I'm SURE he missed my Birthday greetings. :)
Hugs, Mona
p.s. You won't believe the short cuts I take when making a pie. I've gotten sooo lazy. *sigh*

My Unfinished Life said...

happy birthday to ur hubby...time flies really!!

http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in

Kent and Leisy said...

I realize this is jack's bday post- but you look stunning in that last picture! jack is a lucky guy!! happy birthday to him!!

Kent and Leisy said...

I realize this is jack's bday post- but you look stunning in that last picture! jack is a lucky guy!! happy birthday to him!!

Scriptor Senex said...

Happy Birthday (belatedly) to Jack but I have some bad news for him. At 21 it is who IS the older that counts but at 59 it is who LOOKS the younger that counts. Yaya - you're winning! Not that Jack looks old for his age but you look far, far too young to be heading for a Ruby Wedding in a couple of years.