Monday, April 7, 2014

Weekend Wanderings

We actually didn't really wander at all this weekend.  It was more a weekend of "pondering" I guess.  It was General Conference weekend and we stayed home Saturday afternoon to listen to the talks from church leaders out in Salt Lake.  The messages were all good and I felt many directed at me! (I mean, it's all about me isn't it?...That's an inside joke!)  Saturday morning was all about getting chores done and errands run so we could sit and ponder the messages in the afternoon.  Sunday was more of the same.  Jack usually has early morning meetings at church on Sunday so he was able to sleep in for once.  We took a nice leisurely walk in the Creepy Woods with Eddy and then put the finishing touches for our dinner that afternoon.  Our oldest son Jack was coming over with his kiddos and his girlfriend, Evelyn. We had only met her once before and we had a lovely time getting to know her better.  She's a sweetie and I know we'll have many more times to get better acquainted. Again, the messages were spot on and the music from the Tabernacle Choir was awesome.  It was a quiet, but lovely weekend.
Jack and Evelyn.  She wanted to know what a blog is all about so I had the fun of showing her my blog books and our blog.  Looking at the books she said they were like a journal.  To that I had to agree and I said it was the reason I blog.  I hope someday my books will be of interest to my family. 
My Granddaughter Summer and her Dad looking over the books and laughing at some of the entries.   Yep, blogging has made keeping a journal easier for me.  Lately I've been pondering the idea of quitting the blog or taking a "blog break".  It takes time and effort and sometimes I really wonder if it matters to anyone but me.  Having them enjoy the books has made me rethink that for now.
My other Granddaughter, Driana, had come the day before to cut my hair and we had a really great talk.  She's such a cool kiddo and a hard worker.  She wants to do social work and is almost done with her first year of college. Amazing...again, time does fly! I happened to have today, Monday, off from work and went to my first water aerobics class.  My knee has made doing exercise difficult but today was a blast. It was fun to jog, doing jumping jacks and a ton of other stuff with no stress to my joints.  I'll be doing the classes mostly at night since I don't always have days off during the week. I forgot to take some pics so I'll have to do better at that next time! So, although we stayed close to the Pines, it was a lovely, quiet, family filled weekend.  Just the pondering ticket I needed to get this week on the right track!

16 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

Nothing like a good, relaxing weekend to get one ready for the week. Enjoyed seeing the family photos and glad you're gonna continue blogging.

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa! Can't beat a lovely, quiet family filled weekend at the Pines. Jack and Evelyn make a great looking couple. Coincidentally, Evelyn was my mother's name as well as Mrs. Shady's mother's name. If I'm not mistaken, it's been ages since you posted pictures of Summer and Driana on your blog. I remember seeing them early on when I first started following you but it's been a while. They both look terrific.

I'm sure that water aerobics class will be very beneficial to you. No pics, you say? Please make it up to us next time by posting a video of you doing your best Esther Williams choreographed synchronized swimming routine! :)

I hope Eddy found some mysterious droppings in the Creepy Woods and is hot on the trail of the elusive Yeti.

Happy Tuesday and enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend YaYa. You and your blog matter very much to me.

acorn hollow said...

We enjoy your blog don't quit. It looks like a lovely weekend with lots of family time.
Cathy

Kim said...

It sounds like a lovely weekend - quiet and surrounded by family. You are always so busy so enjoy those little breaks from the regular.
P.S. Keep blogging

Cindy said...

Girlfriend Evelyn sounds like a keeper! A weekend with family sounds nice and water aerobics is so good for you!! ps Yes, Keep Blogging!

Christina said...

I agree. So many of the conference talks were just for me. Conference weekend is my favorite! It's a lazy weekend with the words of the Prophet. What can be better?! I'm glad you're not taking a break from your blog. How else would I know what's going on in your life? Jack's girlfriend is cute!

Laurie said...

You and I blog for the same reason. I use mine basically to capture the memories for my kids and grandkids. I have one daughter who loves to read my blog and another who doesn't show any interest in it now. But, I know how precious these stories will be to them one day. Let's say it's my gift for them for when I'm gone. I caught myself a couple of times blogging for an audience instead of my family and I grew quite tired of that. It felt like a chore. Now that my focus is on family memories, I don't feel pressured to blog constantly. I blog when I have a memory I want to preserve. I love your blog and hope you don't ever quit. By the way, I may have asked you before, but now that you mentioned it in your post today.....what company do you use to make your blog books?

Donna said...

Hey, your blog matters to ME!! I think the fam always enjoys it too even if they don't comment much. Love meeting sweet looking Evelyn, she has a nice face...she looks like a keeper to me :-) .
Summer and Driana get better looking with each picture. Glad you like water aerobics...you'll have to tell me all about it. Missed you yesterday...it was nice for me to be home today. Too bad it wasn't together, it was so sunny out, I washed the deck. Loved that!!

gin said...

pondering weekends are needed sometimes. and keep up the blogging. not only for you and your family to have to look back on, but i enjoy seeing what you are up to.

Willow said...

You always have great fun with the kiddos !
I need to look in to the blog booking thingie.
Psst Hey Eddy if you get a minute ~ doggie pin ups over at our farm today ~ WOOF !

Stacy said...

I'm glad to see Jack has a girlfriend. Did you convince her to blog too?
Seems like we had the same beautiful weekend. I have to do a post about that too. I have been mostly ignoring my blog, but I need to get back into it.

karen said...

I do love Conference weekend. And not just because of Jammies Church. It's so filled with wonderful messages and peace. Glad you were able to enjoy your family as well.

Susan Anderson said...

I bet you are a good grandma to have. In fact, I'm sure of it.

=)

selvageedge said...

I still have conference catch up to do. We missed Saturday because we were attending my Mom's 80th birthday party. I spent about a month trying to get pictures together to show some of her life history in a video. Since I didn't have stories to go along with the pictures, I for one, have to say that future generations will LOVE all the goodies that you have detailed in your blog. Keep up the great work!

Rick Watson said...

I've never tried water aerobics but I'm in the same boat as you with my knees. My daily walks can be painful.
All in all, it sounds like you had a good weekend.

MunirGhiasuddin said...

I think that I said this before. Your blogs are really very wholesome. Take rest as much as you want, so you can come back nice and fresh.