Monday, May 9, 2016

Happy Mother's Day And Happy Birthday Phil

I had a wonderful Mother's day yesterday.  3 of my 4 boys stopped over for lunch. I heard from Craig in Portland via phone and also a lovely gift in the mail on Friday. Thanks Craig and Amy! Sure wish you all could have been here.  Jordan said he was bringing food for a cookout and he even cooked it!
He's pretty handy on the grill!
Phil and Jackie sat around with us chatting and story telling..fun times!
The food was super delish! Thanks Jord!
Chubbs loved the few tidbits  he managed to sneak away with....Eddy the Boxer was home with an eye problem.  He's doing fine but sometimes he manages to get too worked up and Jordan was afraid he'd hurt that eye.  Thanks boys for all the lovely gift cards to Southwest.  I'll put them to good use when we head out to Portland sometime this year. I also want to shout out to my lovely Mom.  I'm so grateful to still have her in my life and I love calling her and chatting and still getting advice when I need it.
I can't wait to see her and family in 2 weeks when we celebrate her 90th birthday!
I found this old pic of us sitting in her backyard...I'm betting she would love to be able to hunker down in the grass like that now! I know I'd love to be able to hunker down in my old "daisy dukes"! Ha! Happy Mother's Day Mom! You're the best!
Besides it being Mother's Day and all, I had the privilege of birthing a Mother's Day baby!  Happy Birthday Phil! You are a great kiddo and gave us tons of laughs and also a few gray hairs! You sure have grown up to be a wonderful Dad to your girls and always at our place willing to give a hand where ever we need it...or bug you about computer, phone, tv and car issues! Thanks for always being so loving! We love you!
That face is a double of your little Addy! May the force be with you!
You're a super Dad to these cuties....Hope your day is great!

8 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Happy Birthday and happy Mother's day. Looks like a great time and way nicer than it was here.
lucky you still have your mom.
Cathy

Kim said...

That is a great old photo. Did you and your mom coordinate your outfits?

betty said...

Happy birthday to Phil! Looked like a delicious mother's day!

Betty

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, dear Yaya!

Just so you know, your posts lately are showing up as much as 15 hours late in my reader!

I am very happy to know that you had a fine Mother's Day with 3 of your 4 sons by your side. Thanks for posting another picture of your lovely mother. She's looking fit as a fiddle as she always does. I also appreciated that flashback foto of you and your mom. You were quite a looker, YaYa, and still are! I can tell that you are excited about heading over to see your mother and celebrate her birthday with her. I see that you are also heading out to Oregon, Portland, again this year, same as you did the first year I knew you. Happy birthday to son Phil! He has grown into a great man and a great father. I am sorry to learn that Eddy has an eye problem and couldn't attend the celebration at the Pines. It was good to see Chubbsie again and the grandkiddos.

Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend YaYa!

gin said...

Another Happy Birthday!! Cute picture of you from days gone by with your mom.

Kay G. said...

Love you in your Daisy Dukes with your pretty Mom! Your Mom looks to be in great shape, how wonderful!
Happy Birthday to Phil, and your food for the double celebration looks SUPER delish! xx

MunirGhiasuddin said...

I am so glad that you had a lovely Mother's day. I was working but had fun after I came home.
I wish you and your Mom many more Happy Mother's Days. ( a tongue twister eh?)

Susan Anderson said...

Glad you had three kids for Mother's Day. I only had two, but got calls from the rest. I always enjoy being fussed over a little bit.

:)