Sunday, June 12, 2016

Time Is Not My Friend

June's almost half over and I haven't posted even once.  Really, time has flown and I'm about ready to just sit down and let it fly on by!  We're having Summer's graduation party here in two weeks and Jack and I are doing our best to get the Pines in party order.  We always have projects on our "to do" lists but sometimes it's easy to say: "Oh, I'll get to that later."  Well, it's later and all those small things we put off are now bigger and need attending.  So it's cleaning, painting, trimming, organizing, and much, much praying that the weather will be dry and coolish and perfect.  OK, so maybe we're asking a bit much but I always say: "Go big or go home"....and usually it rains!
I've  had this little table set for a few years and it was just wood with no finish.  I painted it red....same red as my front door.  I like it!
Flowers are mulched and coming along nicely.
Roses are blooming!
Pink ones:
And even yellow ones!  It's a good rose year I think.
Chubbs checked out the back yard after it's mowed and declared it dog worthy. The weather around these parts is always a surprise.  Last week we had cool and even down right chilly with night temps in the 40's.  Yesterday it was 93de on my car thermometer and sunny as all get out.  Summer had arrived!  Today, it's in the 70's.  Sometimes our weather is like whiplash!
Ominous clouds.
Dark and scary.
A few minutes later it's back to big and fluffy! So we'll continue to get things done and of course I'll have pics about the party.  In the mean time, I'm here and probably won't have much to blog about.   Although, like our weather, blogging can changed at any moment!

11 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, dear YaYa!

I don't see any snow drifts in these pictures of yours. Therefore I think it is safe to assume that it is mid June there at Whispering Pines. Even so, I wouldn't put away the ice scraper and shovel until at least the 4th of July. :) I like what you did with that little table and chair set. It makes your porch pop and ties in with the brightly colored roses and other flowers you planted. Isn't Chubbs the luckiest dog alive? How many dogs have a back yard the size of the back nine at Augusta National Golf Course? :) I'm also thinking of Eddy today and hoping that he is feeling well. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your fickle weather behaves on the day of Summer's grad party and I look forward to seeing the pictures you take that day.

Have a wonderful week, dear friend YaYa!

acorn hollow said...

your weather is like ours we were hot and humid and now we are in the 50's and blowing so cold you need a jacket.
good luck on your graduation preparations.
cathy

Laurie said...

Well, I know your party is going to be a blast! I love how the red table and chairs turned out. I'm having a cookout with some friends at the lake this weekend, so I know what you mean about tackling those little things that's been pushed to the back burner. I'm hoping it's going to be cooler over the weekend, too. Looking at the weather, so far, so good. Have a great summer, YaYa!

betty said...

Such pretty flowers! I do like the red on the table and chairs! Sounds like a fun party to plan for with the graduation one in a few weeks!

Hard sometimes to know how to adjust for temps that keep bouncing around like that. I think that's when some kids end up getting sick if school is still in session. They don't know what to dress for sometimes on given days and might dress too warm or too cool and then may be susceptible to germs.

Enjoy the month!

betty

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. Your garden is looking nice. You have inspired me to take some photos of my front garden.

Paul Forster said...

That last comment was from Paul

Susan Anderson said...

It all looks beautiful. I think you are ready!
Love the red table/chairs. So cute!

=)

rjerdee said...

Love the RED table and chair set...what a transformation and spirit lifter!!

Sweet Tea said...

Nothing like having a party at one's house to fire up the motivation to get all the projects done.
There's probably not a woman in blogland that doesn't understand that principle. LOve the red table set!! Soooo darn cute. Will look forward to party photos!

Shilpa said...

Loved the table set

http://shilpachandrasekheran.blogspot.ae/?m=1

Scriptor Senex said...

Hope Summer has a super party. The garden looks great.