Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Brightest Day

Hello first day of Summer! I'm always tempted to say it's the longest day but it's still only 24 hours. However, it is a day when it seems as if the sun will go on forever.  It was a perfect Summer day here. The temps were in the upper 70's and low humidity. Blue skies and sunshine.  I got the last of my flowers planted and a few weeds pulled.   I was glad to have the day off and get some simple things accomplished...like sitting on the deck and reading a new magazine..oh, and taking a nap in the afternoon!  Yep, perfect.  Hope your first day of Summer was good!   I have only a couple of pics to share tonight.
I made a keylime pie last week.  I squeezed the keylimes myself!  Light and refreshing and a good Summer dessert.
I found this cute canvas painting depicting all the things that spell out Summer.   As the sign says: Simple Pleasures.   Hopefully all things listed will be on your  "to do list" !  Happy Summer!

8 comments:

joeh said...

Key lime pie is my absolute favorite!

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Happy summer 2017 to you, dear friend! Your ideal weather is the stuff dreams are made of at this time of year in Florida. We won't be seeing temps in the 70s and low humidity for many a month. I really like that Simple Pleasures painting. All of the activities, foods and beverages in the collage are things I enjoyed as a kid and still do. I am pleased to see that it calls those insects "lightning bugs," the term my family always used, instead of "fireflies," which seems to be more commonly used these days. I wish you and your family many more delightful fair weather days this summer, dear friend YaYa!

betty said...

That key lime pie looks delicious! Key lime is a favorite of son's and hubby's! Sounds like a perfectly fine first day of summer for you! May all the others be just as nice! (117 degrees here today)

betty

acorn hollow said...

pie sound good happy summer
Cathy

Julia said...

Happy Summer to you. That key lime pie looks so good and refreshing.
We had a beautiful day too and I spend it weeding and planting. It sounds like you had a perfect day off.
Smiles & hugs.
Julia

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

You know, I've never tasted keylime pue. Everytime I have the option, there is a coconut cream pie right next to it and so it wins everytime. It sounds delightful though.
What a great way to start the summer. I hope you have many more perfect days like that ahead of you.
Andrea

Kay G. said...

Key lime pie, that sounds SO good!! Make me some!
Happy summer, my friend!

Stacy said...

I love key lime pie. I'll have to tell you about a crazy attempt I made sometime.

I hope you are feeling better after your bite.