Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Beautiful July 4th!

Again the 4th of July finds me at the Pines without even a sparkler to light!  Jack's at Boy Scout Camp and I'm on call today.  But it's all good because we have beautiful weather and so far I'm not working.  I have many projects in my brain and will do a few but will mostly enjoy the quiet and probably take Chubbs for a walk in town.  There's a steak in the fridge with my name on it...with a few tidbits for the 'ol Chubbers too.  We did have a fun celebration early over the weekend.  Sunday we all gathered to enjoy some ribs and to just hang out.
Nothing like a game of corn hole to put some action in the day!  I think Cameron is holding his breath that his Dad's throw won't go in the hole!  Do you see the new puppy in the pic?
Jack and Evelyn got a new pup named Kip.  They say it's really Evelyn's daughter's dog but they all sure seemed pretty attached to the little guy.  He's so soft and cute!  He's only 9 weeks old so you can see how big he's going to get. He's a Golden Doodle.  In my day those were just mutts but now they are a real breed...another name for expensive! But we already love him so welcome Kip!   On Saturday Jack and I headed down to Loudonville for the annual antique and car show.  There wasn't much in the way of antiques but tons of cars!  I didn't even bring a camera for one pic..I'm slipping in my blogging brain!  But I found a couple of treasures to bring home.  One was a big metal red "S"...yes we had tons of 7th grade humor about me and my big red "S"....
Not sure where it will finally reside but I say if you have a big red "S" you should show it off! (hey, that line never gets old! Ha!)  I hope everyone has great day.  Stay safe and enjoy somthing red:
Like fresh raspberry pancakes....or maybe something blue...
Like fresh blueberry pancakes....or maybe something white...or I should say black and white..
An old July 4th pic I showed a few years ago...my sister and I at our neighborhood July 4th parade.  I believe we were celebrating Hawaii becoming a state in 1959.  We looked thrilled!  Happy 4th America!  God bless you!


7 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

Happy 4th to you and yours, dear friend!

I admire your Uncle Sam header. That's what you call a post within a post. :) I'm glad you are having lovely summer weather up there. I hope it's the same where Jack and the scouts are camping. I know lots of people who play corn hole but, believe it or nuts, I never had the opportunity to play the game. However I have played similar games like horseshoes, quoits and lawn darts (before the latter were taken off the market for being too dangerous).

Oh my gosh, I love Kip the Golden Doodle! He is magnificent. I can't believe he is only nine weeks old! How does Chubbs get along with him?

I've heard of The Scarlet Letter but yours is a monster! :) Seeing as how my name is Shady, I intend to buy myself a big red "S" as soon as I can find one.

I never ate raspberry pancakes. Yours look delicious! It is always a pleasure to see your childhood pictures. Once again, happy Independence Day to you and your family, dear frind YaYa!

betty said...

Kip is so cute! Looked like you had a nice gathering to celebrate early! Hope you don't get called in today!

Betty

Julia said...

Happy 4th of July. I love your big red S, It will be nice to take to your High School reunion... What a big puppy. I can only visualize how much food he'll need when he's full grown.

Your pancakes are very tempting. I was going to make pancakes for breakfast this morning after my morning barn chores but got too lazy and a bit too hungry to wait.... I hope that you can take it easy even though you're on call today. That big stake sounds like a proper choice for today.
Hugs, Julia

Kay G. said...

Love that photo of you and your sister!
Wish I could have played cornhole today but I had to work!
Happy 4th!

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

Great post! Golden Doodles are fantastic dogs. Have a great week,
Andrea

Rick Watson said...

Hey Yaya, I commented on this post with my phone and I assumed it posted, but I was wrong :(
Anyhow, I love your pics. That little deer is precious. Our deer population has shifted. We rarely see them during the day like we did a few years ago.
R

Anonymous said...

Kip is so cute! Looked like you had a nice gathering to celebrate early! Hope you don't get called in today!

ตารางคะแนน