Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017, You're Outa Here!

I put a sunset header on my page.  The sun has set for the last time in 2017.  I can't believe I've written this many posts in one week!  I could have let last night's post be the end but I make my blog into a book and it needs to have the last day of  the year in it.   I read last years final post and it's weird to realize I didn't have a clue what this year was going to hand out.  It wasn't too bad.  A few bumps along the way but many roads were smooth sailing.  We welcomed a new daughter-in-law,  Evelyn,  Jack had major eye surgery, and a trip out to Portland to see our kiddos that we miss each day are just a few of the big ticket items from 2017.  My Mom soldiered through some illnesses this year and sounded good today as we chatted on the phone.  Work went from quiet to crazy busy and challenging with new doctors on board and a new assignment for me as I take on being the GYN clinician.  What's in store for 2018?  Of course, like last year at this time, I don't have a clue!  That's good because my word I've chose for this year is FAITH.  I need more of that in my life and will work in that direction.  I also have a phrase.."Let It Be"...yep, like the song.  I heard Sir Paul McCartney singing it the other day and realized that it would be a good thing for me to do in 2018..just let the small things be and the big ones  I'll go with faith and let God handle it.  So I'm looking forward to many beautiful sunsets in 2018.  It will mark 10 years that I've been blogging! Thanks to all my blog friends and all my family for supporting me and putting up with my craziness at times!  Happy New Year Everyone!

6 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, YaYa!

My fingers spoke too soon when I called your previous post your last of the year. :) 2017 was a tough one for us. We lost our dear friend Margaret Schneider in May, got hit with a hurricane in September, had a sudden unexpected death in the family in November and this month we found out that we soon need to uproot ourselves and find another place to live. We'll get by. We always do. I am happy to know it was a kinder, gentler year for your family and I hope the trend continues throughout 2018. I am also very happy to know that your mother sounded good on the phone.

May 2018 bring you and your family many blessings, dear friend YaYa. Thank you for letting me be part of your family for another year. Like you I will be marking 10 years of blogging this coming year. Lets make it a great one. Happy New Year and God bless!

Kay G. said...

LET IT BE...you know, Paul McCartney was very quick to point out that he was NOT speaking of the Virgin Mary at all when he wrote that song. HOWEVER, the words "Let it be" were exactly the words that Mary said when she was told that she would be bringing the son of God into the world! (Of course, first she asked "HOW could this be" but then, she said, "Let it be"!
(People might comment that he was speaking of his mother whose name was Mary but my statement above is still correct!)

Linda said...

Happy New year, Yaya! Our family hopes 2018 is kinder to us. We've lost family, friends, health, etc, but we still trust in our Lord and are thankful that He is still in control

God bless you and your family in this new year.

acorn hollow said...

Happy New year.
Cathy

Julia said...


Wow, that sunset photo is awesome.
Happy New Year Yaya. I wish you a smooth 2018.
Good health, love, peace, joy, and contentment.
Hugs, Julia

Rick Watson said...

Happy New Year YaYa. Seems like I was in a slump in 2017. I'm feeling better early in 2018.
I love that photo. Good job.
Rick